3.3
Nutrition Description
Quality of Food

A bug was in the middle of my Taco Bell Stacker. No REAL COURTESY given for this and the same employee who seems to have purposely done this, is still employed.

Previously, I reported this same girl after an encounter in the drive through more than a month ago, now the second time I order from her, NOW THIS??? Yikes! NOT ENOUGH COURTESY GIVEN! I use to stop by for both breakfast and lunch (4-5 times weekly), I have not had the desire to eat at that Taco Bell since that day.

I don't feel that just giving me a refund ( not yet received) is enough. After reporting this same girl twice, she is still there. I have lived in the area for the past 20 years and have never had this problem with any fast food restaurant. Infact Taco Bell was one of my favorite, which I frequented the most.

The fact that this girl, who was rude, disrespectful the first time gave me food with a bug in it 2nd time was disrespectful, yet I am told I can get a refund, while I avoid, what was once my favorite fast-food restaurant.

At some point, I would like to get my money back and also, receive COMPLIMENTARY CREDIT that will allow me to use my credit at any Taco Bell. After what happened I think I'm going to take a break from my local Taco Bell, especially with this girl still there?

Product or Service Mentioned: Taco Bell Taco.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Feb 20.

Comments

I keep up with restaurants, convenience stores that sell meats or fruits and veggies etc inspections in my town, what the violations were for and keep track of how many times their businesses been closed down for short periods of time. I stopped patronizing a place I had been going here because some snapped pics of a bug or something else inside the food and they were actually eating in (I could tell) and not carrying out.

The place had been shutdown several times (in a plaza I go to often so I've seen the papers on the entrance) but after the pics that was it for me. The one convenience store with display cases of meats and other things were found to have bugs crawling around inside. I might pop in for a cold bottled drink very rarely but that is it. Go to the website for your area every once in awhile where you can read the violations before you patronize these restaurants.

There may even be a facebook page that posts them. Ours is Pennlive or Public Opinion in my area of PA that posts the link every so often.

Taco Bell has only mailed coupon with sorry note and has not given me my money back??? Girl still works there too? UNBELIEVABLE!I will update further, if anything else happens following.

to Anonymous #1458749

Coupons sent for a different location, NOT ABLE TO BE USED in my region

Stop putting bugs in the food hoping for a payoff.You eat there multiple times weekly even after a previous insect incident ?Why don't you appreciate the favor they're doing you by keeping that miserable food out of your body and their greasy fingers out of your wallet ?Leave them alone, stay away, learn to cook, and for the sake of all that is sane stop putting insects into your food.

to Kevin #1458751

Apparently you misunderstood the initial complaint.

That is completely unacceptable! A bug in food AND no resolution!

How will they stay in business like this? Avoid that location!

You should be compensated for that, they’re playing with fire... they should want to avoid litigation...

bugs in food that’s grounds for a department of health complaint...

you should call them definitely, which Taco Bell ? You should take a photo and put it on social media

to Ladyday123 #1437811

No, drama queen, they are not "playing with fire" and there will be no litigation because there was no damage.Anyone who doesn't realize what happens in restaurants is hopelessly naïve or woefully uniformed ; the same things can happen at anyone's home or picnic.There is room for a complaint to local health authorities or restaurant inspector.Do not call ; write and send via Certified Mail return receipt requested.Or just FORGET IT.

to Clark #1459405

A home or picnic is not a place of business....not a food business. There is a different responsibility given to a food business.

They are supposed to be professionals and treat their business with heightened awareness and consciousness of everything regarding quality and customer satisfaction. There is a reputation to protect. If the customer is not being put in the center of your business, there is no business. Who wants to travel to a food store for a meal, pay their money and open a package to see a surprise like a bug?

But okay...if it happens, it would feel a lot better if the company does everything in their power to make it right.

The problem here is that's where the ball was dropped. Put yourself in the other person's shoes.

to Concerned #1510862

Problem with chains is the employess are paid min wage and usually understaffed and TONS of customers day in and day out. They just don't care so I got tired of spending my money and support my local foreign mom and pop businesses around here for foods like tacos etc.

They seem to actually care and are always pleasant, you can even tell solely by the presentation of their foods they take pride in what they do so I usually tip generously. I swear, our new Vietnamese restaurant here is the quality and look of a 5 star restaurant and extremely popular now. Food is way cheap at all these places and huge portions. Spend very little money to get full.

Not as much foot traffic either as everyone seems to like fast food or americanized versions of foreign foods so these issues do not happen as much. I mainly cook at home for my son though from scratch as my mom did for me and do not have the extra money to eat out all the time. If you want chain tacos buy the taco bell kits and buy your own fresh toppings. Takes a total of 10 mins between browning hamburger, pouring in the water and seasoning packet then boil and simmer for 3 to 4 mins.

No bugs and real fresh toppings. I assure the kit is exactly the same as the stuff in the restaurant.

to Clark #1510867

Lol pretty much and I am thinking it'd be even more expected to happen in the food industry especially fast food. We have heard horror stories time and time again about every single one of them. Min wage and overworked, why do we expect them to care.